Monday, March 5, 2012

Coloring Outside of the Lines

In the past year fashion forward people have been a lot more daring with colors. Being from the Washington DC area growing up we had a few rules when it came to colors. The rules were black, grey, white and blue. No one in the area really played with colors and I can remember when Coogi dresses were big and people got excited. Before that it was like living in a bad black and white movie. When I went to school in Florida I came home once with pink boots and my friends laughed their butts off! Now the rules have been shattered and colors are in and the matchy-matchy world and over "coordination" is out. So I played in my crayon box this weekend, coloring outside of the lines.

Shirt: New York and Company, Pants: Nordstroms BP, Shoes: Bannana Republic , Bag: J.Crew , Ring: Street Vendor , Jacket: J. Crew , Watch: Micheal Kors , Butterfly ring and braclet: Swarovski

2 comments:

  1. Great color combo. Love the add of the leopard prints.

    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Patience. I saw that shirt that Ann Taylor featured last month in that blue and knew I needed that color.

    Aisha N.

    ReplyDelete